PER SERViNG (6 CHEESE-STUffED JALAPEÑOS)
TOTAL fAT: 21.5g
NET CARBS: 4.2g
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES ■ COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES ■ TOTAL TIME: 25 MINUTES
When you crave something spicy, these stuffed jalapeño poppers are a great go-to snack. Depending on the time of year, jalapeños can carry a mild or medium level of heat. Paired with cream cheese, the heat is tempered but still comes through in a pleasant, tasty way.
6 jalapeño peppers
1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 teaspoon salt
1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Wash the jalapeños and cut off the tops. Using a small knife, cut the jalapeños top to bottom without cutting through to the other side. Gently open the peppers and remove the seeds and veins. Set the peppers aside.
3. To a small bowl, add the minced garlic, cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
4. Stuff the jalapeños with the Monterey Jack cheese so they are full but will still close.
5. With a small spoon or knife, spread an equal amount of cream cheese inside each jalapeño, over the Monterey Jack, to help bind the pepper together. Close the peppers and place them on a baking sheet.
6. Drizzle the jalapeños with olive oil and place the baking sheet in the preheated oven.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, or until browned.
iNGREDiENT TiP: The oils in jalapeños can be burning and irritating. Wear protective gloves when handling them and be careful not to touch your face or other areas with sensitive skin.
Get This Recipe and Many More with The Keto Cook Book...