PER SERViNG (2 PANCAKES)
TOTAL fAT: 34
NET CARBS: 3.9g
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES ■ COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES ■ TOTAL TIME: 25 MINUTES
This thicker, heartier keto version of pancakes will fill you up quickly, and they take sugar-free maple syrup very well. The baking soda and sparkling water allow the almond flour to puff up, creating a less dense and more palatable cake. Add a pat of Cinnamon Butter (page 227) or your favorite berries for a tasty, fibrous breakfast.
1 cup almond flour
1 tablespoon stevia, or other sugar substitute
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder 2 eggs
1⁄8 cup heavy (whipping) cream
1⁄8 cup sparkling water
1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted Cooking spray for griddle
- Preheat a griddle over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, stevia, salt, and baking powder.
- Create a small well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add the eggs, heavy cream, sparkling water, vanilla, and coconut oil. Mix together thoroughly.
- Spray the griddle with cooking spray. Pour the batter onto the griddle in desired amounts. Cook the pancakes for 2 to 3 minutes, until you see little bubbles, then flip. Cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the pancakes from the griddle when done. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Get This Recipe and Many More with This FREE Keto Cook Book...