PER SERViNG (2 EGGS WiTH 2 BACON-WRAPPED ASPARAGUS BUNDLES)
TOTAL fAT: 35.5g
NET CARBS: 5.1g
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES ■ COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES ■ TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
This sumptuous breakfast is my personal go-to for a lazy Saturday morning when I’m craving something out of the ordinary. Asparagus wrapped in bacon accompanies runny fried eggs to create a unique combination in this dish. I like to enjoy it with a dollop of sour cream or crème fraîche for additional fat.
4 bacon slices
12 asparagus spears, divided
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wrap one bacon slice around each bundle of three asparagus spears. Place each bundle on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the garlic, onion powder, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and a pinch of pepper over the bundles.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the bacon crisps.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Crack the eggs in pairs into the skillet. Try to keep the yolks intact.
- Cook the eggs to your desired doneness, about 5 minutes for a runny egg. Season with the remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt and the remaining pepper.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven.
- Remove the eggs from the skillet, placing two eggs atop two bundles of asparagus per serving.
Get This Recipe and Many More with This FREE Keto Cook Book...