(1 BiSCUiT, 1⁄3 CUP SAUSAGE GRAVY)
TOTAL fAT: 48.5g
NET CARBS: 8.2g
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES ■ COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES ■ TOTAL TIME: 50 MINUTES
A Southern classic, biscuits and gravy get the keto treatment in this adapted recipe. With the addition of cheese and sour cream, these biscuits develop a fluffy texture that is sure to rival your grandmother’s recipe. The thick, creamy sausage gravy is the perfect companion to these delectable biscuits.
FOR THE BISCUITS
1⁄2 cup coconut flour
1⁄2 cup almond flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup butter, melted 4 eggs
3/4 cup sour cream
FOR THE SAUSAGE GRAVY
1 pound ground breakfast sausage
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon almond flour
11⁄2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1⁄2 cup heavy (whipping) cream
11⁄2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
To make the biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Slowly incorporate the Cheddar cheese.
- In the center of the dry ingredients, create a well for adding the wet ingredients.
- Into this well, add the melted butter, eggs, and sour cream. Fold together until a dough forms.
- Use a spoon to drop biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet, placing them 1 inch apart.
- Bake the biscuits for 20 minutes, or until firm and lightly browned.
To make the sausage gravy
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the ground sausage, breaking it up with spoon and browning it on all sides.
- Once the sausage browns, add the minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Once the garlic is fragrant, sprinkle in the almond flour. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Allow the almond flour to incorporate with the grease to develop a light roux, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the almond milk to the roux, stirring constantly.
- Add the heavy cream. Increase the temperature to medium-high, stirring and reducing the mixture for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the pepper and salt. Stir for 1 minute to incorporate.
- Check the biscuits and remove the baking sheet from the oven when ready. Cool the biscuits for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat again under the sausage gravy to low. Simmer while the biscuits cool.
- Once the biscuits are cool, plate 1 biscuit per person and top with ⅓ cup of gravy.
Get This Recipe and Many More with This FREE Keto Cook Book...