Keto Chicken Parmesan -
(1⁄2 CHICKEN BREAST WITH SAUCE AND CHEESE)
TOTAL FAT: 29.8g
NET CARBS: 2.6g
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES ■ COOK TIME: 35 MINUTES ■ TOTAL TIME: 55 MINUTES
Almond flour and Parmesan cheese combine to create the perfect coating for this keto Chicken Parmesan recipe. Topped with sugar-free Pasta Sauce (page 224) and melted mozzarella, this entrée pairs well with sautéed vegetables or Zucchini Noodles (page 121). Try this recipe with chicken thighs for added fat content.
3 large boneless chicken breasts, halved
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1⁄2 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
6 tablespoons sugar-free Pasta Sauce, divided
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound the chicken and flatten until all pieces are about ½ inch thick.
- In a medium bowl, mix ½ cup of Parmesan cheese, the almond flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In another bowl, beat the egg.
- Set up a “breading” station: Line up the egg wash, then the Parmesan coating. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg wash, then thoroughly coat in the “breading.” Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil for about 2 minutes. Add the “breaded” chicken. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned on each side.
- Remove from the skillet and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of Pasta Sauce (page 224) and divide the 1 cup of mozzarella cheese among the chicken. Sprinkle each with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese is thoroughly melted.
Hope you enjoy this Keto Chicken Parmesan Recipe. You might enjoy this Keto Zucchini Lasagna Recipe