Total Fat: 5g
Total Carbs: 7g
Net Carbs: 2g
KETO CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
TOTAL TIME: 16 Minutes
These sugar free chocolate truffles are silky smooth, sinfully rich and so simple to make – the perfect low carb chocolate dessert.
1. Stovetop Method: Put the sugar free chocolate chips into a heat resistant glass bowl large enough to accommodate the chips and cream with room for stirring. Place the heavy cream, butter, and 4 tablespoons of sweetener into a small pot and heat over medium heat until small bubbles form around the sides of the pot and the cream is steamy. Stir to dissolve the sweetener, then pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir gently with a whisk until smooth and fully incorporated. Add the vanilla and brandy and stir. Let cool then cover and refrigerate several hours until firm or over night.
2. Microwave Method: Pour the heavy cream into a microwave safe glass bowl big enough to accommodate the chocolate chips and cream with room for stirring. Add the 4 tablespoons of sweetener and stir to dissolve. Add the butter and sugar-free chocolate chips and microwave at full power for 1 minute. Let it sit for 5 minutes and stir gently with a whisk until fully incorporated. Add the vanilla and brandy and stir. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate several hours until firm or over night.
3. Shape: Put a piece of waxed paper on your work surface. Scoop the firm chocolate ganache from the bowl with a small dinner spoon or a melon baller and place onto the waxed paper. Continue until the ganache is gone. If the ganache is too firm, let it warm up for 30 minutes to 1 hour before scooping. I had to use a toothpick to help get the sticky chocolate ganache out of my melon baller. I’m sure a small cookie scoop would have been perfect.
4. Roll each portion of ganache into round “truffles” - I used my hands. If you don’t like chocolate on your hands, use gloves or even sandwich bags on your hands. I weighed each portion (15 g) before rolling to make sure my truffles were the same. If your truffles are too warm and soft to shape, refrigerate them for 30 minutes or until they are firm enough to handle.
5. Finish: Once shaped, the truffles can be rolled in chopped nuts, grated chocolate, sesame seeds, coconut, sprinkles, crushed freeze-dried fruit, matcha powder, or unsweetened cocoa powder. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge, but serve and enjoy closer to room temperature.
I hope you enjoy this Keto Chocolate Truffles Recipe. You may also like our Keto Chocolate Mousse Recipe.