I can’t even explain how easy this recipe is. There’s no marinating the chicken, there’s no back and forth battering between eggs and bread crumbs. Just super simple batter that won’t fall off during the frying process.
2 medium sized pieces of chicken (I used drumstick & leg)
1/2 cup (50g) whey isolate
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp dried onion
1/4 cup (60ml) water
tallow or oil for frying
4 tbsp almond flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 medium egg
3 tbsp sugar substitute
2 tbsp light cream or half & half
- Place your oil/tallow in a deep pot over medium heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the whey, salt, pepper, paprika, parsley and dried onion.
- Dip your chicken into the flour mix, coating the entire piece of meat. Set aside.
- Add the 1/4 cup of water into the flour mix and whisk together until it becomes a thick paste.
- Once the oil is up to temperature (should be around 350°F / 175°C) coat the chicken in the flour paste.
- Let any excess paste drip off before placing into oil.
- Fry the chicken for about 10-12 minutes, turning the chicken occasionally until it is a nice deep golden brown color.**big pieces of chicken, such as the leg I used, will need more time – around 15-18 minutes**
While the chicken cooks – make your waffles!
- Whisk together the waffle ingredients in a bowl.
- Scoop into your waffle maker and close the lid.
- Check after 1 minute and cook until brown.
Take out and enjoy the chicken and waffles with some sugar free maple syrup!
This makes approximately one serving.
Please note the protein & fat numbers are an approximation as they depend on the size of the chicken, but the carbs, fibre and net carbs numbers are final!
NET CARBS: 2.2
If You Like These Recipes – PLEASE LIKE AND SHARE!