PER SERViNG (1/8 Of QUiCHE)
TOTAL fAT: 42.7g
NET CARBS: 2.3g
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES ■ COOK TIME: 25 MINUTES ■ TOTAL TIME: 50 MINUTES
Any dish that combines bacon and cheese is a favorite around my house. This classic quiche is an excellent entrée for Sunday brunch that freezes well after being sliced.
Cooking spray for pie pan
1 pound thick-cut bacon, grease reserved
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup minced onion
4 eggs, beaten
11⁄2 cups heavy (whipping) cream
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1⁄2 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray the pie pan. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy, 6 to 8 minutes depending on thickness. Remove the bacon from the skillet to drain on paper towels, reserving the remaining bacon grease in the skillet. Once cooled, chop the bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- To the remaining grease in the skillet with the heat lowered to medium, add the minced garlic and onions. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, browning slightly. Remove the skillet from the heat. Spoon the onion and garlic mixture into a small bowl. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and heavy cream with a whisk for 2 minutes to combine.
- Add the Swiss and Gruyère cheeses, reserved bacon, onions and garlic, salt, and pepper to the eggs. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture into the prepared pie pan.
- Carefully place the pan on the middle rack in the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the center has solidified.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Cool the quiche for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Get This Recipe and Many More with This FREE Keto Cook Book...