6 pieces string cheese
1 large eggs beaten
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese the powdered kind in a can
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt coarse Kosher salt works best
- Cut string cheese in half crosswise.
- Beat 1 egg in small bowl. Set aside.
- Place almond flour, Parmesan cheese, coconut flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt in zipper sandwich bag. Shake bag to blend.
- Dip each piece of mozzarella into the beaten egg and then coat by shaking in the sandwich bag. Freeze for at least one hour.
- Heat oil in small frying pan to at least half inch high. Temperature of oil should be about 325-375°F. Higher temperatures tend to brown too quickly with cheese melting out. Air frying works too using a temperature of about 370 to 400°F for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cook each coated piece of mozzarella in the hot oil until browned on all sides. Enjoy!
Serving: 3 pieces
Calories: 207 | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 987mg | Potassium: 21mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 360mg | Iron: 0.7mg
Net Carbs: 1 g | % Carbs: 2 % | % Protein: 31.5 % | % Fat: 66.5 %
Makes 1 dozen mini sticks. A serving is 3 sticks.