PER SERViNG (1 “BURGER”)
TOTAL fAT: 41.1g
NET CARBS: 7g
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES ■ COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES ■ TOTAL TIME: 25 MINUTES
Portable and delicious, this breakfast “burger” uses sausage instead of beef for the center patty. Enjoy this recipe with or without toppings, and don’t forget to experiment to find your favorite cheese combination. It is also important to make sure your Portobello mushrooms are similar in thickness so they cook for the same amount of time.
1tablespoon olive oil
2Portobello mushroom caps, stemmed, gills removed
1/4 cup breakfast sausage
2 (2-ounce) slices American cheese
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil for 1 minute.
- Place the mushroom caps into the hot oil, cap side up. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Heat another medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Form the breakfast sausage into a ½-inch-thick patty. Place it in the center of the heated pan. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook 2 to 3 minutes more.
- When the sausage is almost done, reduce the heat to low. Top the patty with the American cheese. Cook until the cheese melts.
- Transfer the mushroom caps from their skillet to a plate.
- Place the cheese-topped patty on one mushroom cap. Top with the remaining mushroom cap and serve.
Get This Recipe and Many More with This FREE Keto Cook Book...