PER SERViNG (1 SCONE)
TOTAL fAT: 8.6g
NET CARBS: 2g
PROTEiN: 1.5 g
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES ■ COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES ■ TOTAL TIME: 35 MINUTES
Delicious on their own or paired with Cinnamon Butter (page 227), these scones make for a great quick breakfast that will satisfy your morning baked-goods cravings. The addition of berries gives these scones an added nutrient boost.
If raspberries are not in season, use any other berry you like.
1 cup almond flour 2 eggs, beaten
1⁄3 cup Splenda, stevia, or other sugar substitute
11⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
11⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
1⁄2 cup raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, eggs, Splenda, vanilla, and baking powder. Mix well.
4. Add the raspberries to the bowl and gently fold in.
5. After the raspberries are incorporated, spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of the batter, per scone, onto the parchment-lined baking sheet.
6. Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven. Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
7. Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Place the scones on a rack to cool for 10 minutes.
iNGREDiENT TiP: Depending on the size of the raspberries, you may want to cut your berries in halves or quarters before adding to the batter. Doing this spreads the raspberry flavor throughout the scone.
Get This Recipe and Many More with This FREE Keto Cook Book...