Keto Zucchini Lasagna -
(1⁄8 Of LASAGNA)
TOTAL fAT: 20.9g
NET CARBS: 6.6g
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES ■ COOK TIME: 50 TO 60 MINUTES ■ TOTAL TIME: 11⁄2 HOURS
In certain pasta dishes, cauliflower (amazing though it is) just isn’t an option. Enter zucchini—the wonder vegetable that can be sliced and spiraled into a variety of pasta shapes to replicate your favorite meals. This lasagna recipe is extra cheesy and should cool and set longer than regular lasagna so it achieves the same texture.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pound 75-percent lean ground beef
2 cups unsweetened pasta sauce
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
2 medium zucchinis, sliced lengthwise into 1⁄8-inch-thick slices (about 24 slices)
1 cup ricotta cheese, divided
8 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1⁄2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil for about 1 minute. Add the onion and garlic. Sauté until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add the ground beef. Cook, breaking apart with a spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta sauce. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low. Add the oregano, salt, and basil. Stir to combine.
- In an 8-inch-square baking dish, arrange 6 zucchini slices on the bottom. Pour one-quarter of the meat sauce over the zucchini. Dot with ¼ cup of ricotta cheese and 2 tablespoons of mozzarella.
- Repeat the layering process three more times with the remaining zucchini, sauce, and cheeses, alternating the direction of the zucchini slices each time.
- Top with the Parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the top is browned and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven. Cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Hope you enjoy this Keto Zucchini Lasagna Recipe. You might enjoy this Keto Zucchini Mini Pizza Recipe